I am sorry I am a bad blogger! I haven’t been keeping up! If it is OK with you I am going to combine two days of babysitting into one!
- One thing we have done recently that has actually turned out really good is painting on glue. It is really fun and easy! All you do is pour glue into the lid and then put food coloring in the glue and swirl it around with a tooth pick! Let it dry and pop it out of the lid!
Materials: Elmers glue, lid to a sour cream container, tooth picks, and food coloring
- They love to paint so I got another canvas for the girl since I ruined hers by putting mod podge on it and the boy and I painted these creatures! It was fun, but ours didn’t turn out to well. I got the wrong type of paint, but still fun!
- The next two things we did did not turn out great! Both of them you need to paint on a piece of paper! Make sure you paint fast as you need the first thing you painted to be wet by the time you are done! The first one you are suppose to put cling wrap on and let it dry and it is suppose to look cool. It really didn’t do it for us! The next piece of paper you are suppose to put salt on it and you are suppose to see a reaction! We didn’t! Coloring Techniques!
Materials: Card stock, paint, paint brushes, water, salt, and cling wrap
- We tried making our own gak and lets just say that didn’t work! It was a mess too, so if you feel like making a mess feel free and do this! Homemade Gak!
Materials: Elmers Glue, Borax, water, and food coloring
- We also tried making ice volcanoes and those didn’t work! I will copy the link here so you can see for yourself how to do it as it was a complete failure for me! Ice Volcanoes!
Next babysitting day:
- First we made water marbles! They really aren’t marbles, but they are really cool! You can by the crystal balls on amazon for supper cheap and all you do is put them in water and they get pretty big! For at least 4-6 hours! I think they are really cool!
- Next we made ice cube paints! I really like these! All you do is put water in an ice cube tray and put food coloring in it and put tooth picks in each cube and put them in the freezer! Once they are frozen take them out and start painting! It looks really cool!
Materials: Ice cube tray, water, food coloring, tooth picks, freezer
- Next we made homemade scratch paper! I got the wrong paint, but it was still fun! The next time I do it I will have the right kind of paint! First you color a piece of paper with different colors and then paint black tempera over it and let it dry. Then take a toothpick and start scratching a pretty picture! Scratch Art!
Materials: paper, crayons, tempera paint, paint brush, and tooth picks
- We tried making jello worms and that was a complete fail! I will copy the link and you can try for yourself! I won’t even try explaining! Jello Worms!
- For fun we melted gummy bears! That was fun, yummy, and messy! All I did was put wax paper on a cookie sheet and grease the wax paper then put the gummy bears on it and put them in the oven at 300 and watch them melt! After you can take them out and use a tooth pick and swirl the colors around!
Materials: gummy bears, cookie sheet, wax paper, tooth picks, oven
- Last we painted again! I painted a shirt and they painted hats and glasses! It was lots of fun! Except they did packer things which I was not to pleased about! 🙂
Stay tuned as I will soon be doing a back to school post! Thank you for stopping by! Please share!